This blog belongs to Jen Walker - aspiring novelist, author, writter, and avid traveler...Thanks for stopping by.

Follow me on Twitter @jenwalkerwrites

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sales and marketing

So The Ending Dark has been available on amazon.com for about two weeks now. It's pretty exciting, particularly when last week I noticed I had actually sold a book! It was a pretty awesome feeling. So now my goal is to write more and sell more.

How will I do that...that's a very good question. Here are some things I am going to try (I will try to provide updates on how this goes):

-twitter: I joined twitter (@jenwalkerwrites). I have found some authors to follow and have about 20 people following me. I like it because it has allowed me to make some connections and also through the people I follow I have gained a whole lot of advice on writing, publishing, and marketing.

-interview: I have done a few author interviews that will be published on other blogs. My hope is that they will drive interest to my book and perhaps this blog.

-reviews: this is perhaps the most important thing I am trying to do and the most nerve wracking. From what I had read on other blog sites reviews (good reviews) are important to selling more books. So the more good reviews I get the better my book will sell. The nerve wracking part is that I don't know what people will think - honesty is important but I really hope people like the book.

I will let you know if I come up with some other marketing ideas...plus it would be good to get other's thoughts, so leave a comment if you have any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment