This blog belongs to Jen Walker - aspiring novelist, author, writter, and avid traveler...Thanks for stopping by.

Follow me on Twitter @jenwalkerwrites

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Oklahoma trip

Well I may be the only person who knows about this blog but I will still try to keep it going. We went to Oklahoma for the 4th of July. It was a great trip. We didn't see family or even do anything most people would consider exciting. But it was a great trip.

I spent some time working on my revisions. I was able to get past the part that had me stuck. The argument between Luc and Athena. It has been hard for me to try and work in dialogue. I think I realized that I have been reading a lot of non-fiction recently...well both non-fiction and historical fiction. Both of which have a lot of facts and not always as much dialogue. But then I got a comment that there wasn't enough dialogue. And I began to think of my favorite fiction books (fiction books are really my love, they are just so fun to read). That's when I realized that when I am adding to the edits I need to be certain to add in dialogue.

Anyway all that to say it was a happy and productive holiday...just 49 more pages of edits to get through and then it's down to the really scary part - sending query letters...

No comments:

Post a Comment